IAP Worldwide Services HVAC Mechanic in Annapolis, Maryland
The Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Mechanic installs, services, and repairs
- Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, department
stores, office buildings and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge ofrefrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following
blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking
tools and welding equipment.
Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment. Joins tubing or
pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and soldersjoints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant. Installs expansion and dischargevalves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating
ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source. Installs airand water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds freon gas to
build up prescribed operating pressure.
Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution. Wraps
pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.11. Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring torepair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of HVAC journeyman.
Two years journey-level HVAC experience. Movement into the Journeyman position will be based on certification and demonstrated work performance. Introductory controls training from Siemens and or JCI preferred.
Annapolis, Maryland, United States