Wolf Creek Federal Services HVAC in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Facility Supervisor, the HVAC Mechanic will provide the repair and maintenance of all heating refrigeration and air conditioning systems. The incumbent will provide the daily HVAC maintenance operations and activities for all assigned facilities. The HVAC Mechanic will receive and evaluate work orders and requests, investigate requests or problems where appropriate, and complete the necessary repairs.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Maintains numerous mechanical, electrical and electronic components; including chillers, compressors, motors, boilers, oil, and propane fired furnaces, heaters, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, steam, condensate, thermostats, switches etc.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems throughout the entire system by adjusting controls to recommended settings and test the performance using necessary special tools and equipment.
- Services and operates all types of residential, commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, climate controlled automation systems, energy management control systems and program control systems.
- Reads and follows blueprints, design specifications and manufacturer instructions to install compressors, motors condensing units, evaporators, piping and other components.
- Interprets wiring diagrams to locate failures.
- Plans and organizes work to meet all deadlines.
- Coordinates with other trade and warehouse personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
- Responds to emergency site maintenance as required.
- Inspects and diagnoses problems to determine corrective repairs.
- Performs on-call and preventive maintenance duties as necessary.
- Helps perform periodic stock inventories and prepare material requisitions for replacement items.
- May be required to operate Government or Wolf Creek-owned motor vehicles and/or other equipment.
- May perform various lower classified duties such as (but not limited to) file maintenance, workspace cleanup, maintain warehouse space and telephone answering as required.
- Supports and assists other department staff and trade groups as needed or directed.
- Adheres to the established CFS safety and personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other Wolf Creek employees and customers.
- Working with the Facility Supervisor to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently. Guidelines include those established by the Facility Supervisor, Operations Management, manufacturer handbooks, the National, State and Local HVAC and Electric Code and engineering handbooks appropriate to the trade.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Four (4) years of experience working in a service and maintenance position in the HVAC field.
- Active HVAC Journeyman License
- Active Universal CFC Certification.
- Thorough knowledge of refrigeration, chillers, HVAC, pneumatics, steam, condensate systems.
- Thorough knowledge of National, State and Local Building and HVAC Codes.
- Familiarity with basic mathematical functions is required.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work 8 days on and 6 day off work schedule if needed for the position.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Valid state driver’s license and a suitable driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and team lift 75 pounds.
- Six (6) years of experience in HVAC Building Maintenance and Operations field.
- Computer Savvy, experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 4
Job Number: FOR10170
Req ID: FOR10170