Johnson Controls Commercial Product Specialist - HVAC in Sparks, Maryland
*What you will do
Under general direction, provides sales and technical support for Branch salespersons, which includes job take-offs, application engineering, and technical assistance to Branch employees and customers. Assists sales with reactive sales phone coverage for various customers including architects, engineers, developers, builders, National Accounts, and utilities.
How you will do it
- Provides selling support through technical assistance to co-workers, customers, and others who may influence the purchase decision.
- Performs take-offs and coordinating jobs for bid to increase sales and decrease duplication of work.
- Utilizing system databases, provides project pricing and estimates.
- Responds to calls to architects, engineers, builders, developers, utilities, and national accounts as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Provides technical assistance or information for favorable product specification. Effectively promotes commercial third party products, influencing the purchase decision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of HVAC industry experience required, including technical school classes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of air conditioning with specific knowledge of Commercial Product lines required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and sales skills is critical.
- Possesses good computer skills and working knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet analysis.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job: *Sales & Marketing
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Commercial Product Specialist - HVAC
Requisition ID: WD30043333029